Friday, January 16, 2009

Tea Anyone?


I was asked for a tutorial on how I made the tea bag holders that we used for the favors at our Women's Christmas Tea at church. So here it is!!
I promise, I'll write about the tea soon - it was an amazing day!!!
Cut a piece of cardstock measuring 7 1/2" x 3".
Score twice at 2 1/2" intervals creating 3 sections.
Adhere a piece of paper, 2 1/2" x 2" (holly pattern used here) for the cover.
At the opposite end, attach another piece of patterned paper.
Fold this section in and cut it on the diagonal.
Use liquid adhesive to close the bottom and side.

I put the title of my talk and the key scripture verse on another piece of cardstock and attached that opposite the tea bag pocket. (1 3/4" x 2 1/4")

Cut a 1 foot strip of ribbon. Attach with a mini glue dot on back. Tie into a bow.

I originally saw this on Split Coast Stampers, but without a tutorial. There some of the gals had put another piece of stamped paper on the front over the patterned paper.

Time consuming (to make 60 any way), but easy and fun!!

Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Love it! Thanks!!!
Have a great weekend!!
:)

Dawn said...

Diane, these were beautiful. My Mom and I enjoyed coming and hearing you speak. You really have a way of presenting God's word :)