Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I've Been Cheating

I feel as though I have been cheating on you dear blog.



I have started a relationship with...., Facebook.



So many said we should meet. I resisted. But finally I caved.



Ok, enough of this silliness.



My limited Facebook experience has been a real eye opener! God can use anything to reach us.

The way FB works is you sign up for it and you are then given a 'wall' where you see your activity on FB and where people can post. Who can post? This is where 'friends' come into the pictures.
You enter a name/school/business into the search engine and it will pull up all individuals with the name (or close to it.. sometimes) that you enter. You can then apply to be their 'friend'. Of course, the individual does not have to accept. They can 'ignore' your request for friendship (now that's not friendly).
So when it's gone a few days and you haven't heard from someone whom you offered out the www hand of friendship, you start feeling like 'they don't want to be my friend' (read with a pout). You start getting a little paranoid. (notice I say 'you' and not 'me'... This is simply because almost everyone I've spoken to feels the same way on FB - men too!)
Then you start getting in touch with some people from high school. If you're like me, you're saying to yourself, 'I don't even remember 85% of these people!!! Did I actually go to school there..?"
You start looking at their photos.. reading what's been going on in their lives.. notice some have matured.. notice some have not......
Before long, I (yes, I'm saying "I" as I have no idea if others feel this way.) start to feel like Diane from the BHS class of 89' (there you have it, I've dated myself). I start to feel like that shy girl. I begin unintentionally covering my mouth, forgetting that since high school I had braces on for five long years and no longer have Halloween-crooked teeth I need to hide. I start thinking about who I'll sit with at lunch (my son of course). Will I have to be lab partners with that boy who used to call me "Porky" in 5th grade? Will that popular girl who has the reputation for being smart ask me for my home work again?...... I start feeling like I'm shrinking, and not in a good way.

But alas, I am not that girl any more. I'm older. And wiser. I'm better!!

We studied last week in Bible study about when David cries out to God, "Who am I, O Lord GOD, and what is my house, that You have brought me this far." 2 Sam. 7:18

When I look back at who I was (thanks FB) and see where I am now, I can't help but think "Who am I O Lord God, that You have brought me this far?" I am still shy.. I still worry about who I will socialize with at a big gathering... but, or should I say, BUT - I know who I am in Christ!! I know my worth, not because of who I am, but because who God has made me.

When I stand before the group of ladies at church each Tuesday night as we talk about the Bible study (and DVD's) we are doing together, I am completely overwhelmed at where God has me. I, Diane, could NEVER stand before those ladies - NEVER!!!! But it is where God has me, and there's no better place than to be in His will!

Who am I Oh Lord God?...

I am your daughter ~ Thank you Jesus!!!! (and thanks FB for reminding me)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Diane, that was a good post. Facebook is a funny place when we are revisiting old places and old friends. I am glad I am friends with you IRL (in real life) and on FB (Facebook). ~Dawn