It's that time again faithful 'Lady of Da' House' readers (thank you to all 3 of you!), that's right, it's time for my Word of the Year. The word will become my key word that I hope will inspire me over the next 12 months.
Before going forward however, just a quick reflection on how I did with last year's word. My word for 2011 was "Do". I have to admit that I did do a lot last year, but not necessarily everything I listed. The boys room does now have a desk and shelves. Check. I did do a major cleanout of the playroom. Check. I did go through the mini dresser in my room, but since we couldn't afford to replace it, it's still there. Half check. Work on ministry... well, I did create business cards and a blog, but didn't get much further. Half check. I GOT A JOB - big ole' CHECK! I will give myself a B for the year. That may be a bit generous.. but that has to do with this year's word.
Drum roll please......
My word for 2012 is - HEALTHY
1. Physically Healthy (Of course we all go to this meaning of the word when we hear it)
* Make healthier food choices. (more fruits & veggies, less processed foods, vitamin)
* More physical activity (2-3 x wk) & more sleep (min. 7 hours)
* The focus isn't on weight loss - but health. Weight loss will most likely be a nice benefit.
2. Healthy Relationships
* Spend more time with my family (date night with the hubs at least once a month, family devotions,
uninterupted mom-son time daily, 1week vacation & 3 weekends away)
* Friendships that are an equal give and take - encouraging, edifying relationships.
* Spend regular, quality time with the Lord. (min. 1/2 hour quite time daily)
3. Healthy Ministry
* Prayerfully consider what God is calling me to. Say 'yes' to it and give it 100%.
* To what I do not feel God is calling me to, say "no" and mean it.
* It's healthy to share - so I will share Christ with people. Incidentally, do you know Christ as your
Savior? Yes, I'm talking to you... If not,and I know you, I'd love to have you over for a cup of tea
and some fresh baked cookies and have a nice chat. (If I don't know you, leave me a comment
and I'd love to share Christ with you)4. Healthy Thinking
* I'm thinking of Philippians 4:8 - Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever
is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or
praisworthy, think about such things.
* I will not let what other's think about me determine how I feel about myself. Psalm 139:14 ... I am
fearfully and wonderfully made.
I have notes that go far more into detail, but I don't think it's too healthy to obsess over excessive details. :)
What are your goals for 2012?
Whatever they are - I wish you a happy, healthy and richly blessed new year!!!
LPL Columbia, MO Recap and Printable
1 day ago