Friday, January 9, 2009

Get Ready, Get Set, THROW!

I suffered a little injury last night while running.

What, you didn't know I had taken up running?

Well yes. I took it up last evening.

The couch was my starting line.

I sprinted through the living room, down the hall (there suffering my injury when I stepped on that great hunk of green muscle himself, the Hulk), rounded into the 'gated community', and reached the finish line (aka, the bucket by my son's bed).

This was not a race for the faint of heart or those without endurance. The race lasted from 9:36 pm - 1:48 am. Sometimes the gun would go off without warning and the race was on! There were also side trips to the laundry room and bathroom along the way.

Husband was not into the race. No.. When asked to participate, the frustration that occurred was enough to make this sprinter decided she'd rather run this track alone and sought no further 'company' on the journey.

It certainly feels like we're running a race sometimes, doesn't it?

I'm just glad that this 'way past her prime' runner is blessed with healthy children (aside from the normal drippy nose and bug) and therefore doesn't get upset with these occasional races (although sad for the one waiting for my arrival at the finish line). I'm just thankful that this mornings sprint will be of a completely different nature (son is 100% better today!).

No comments: