Tuesday, December 23, 2008

"Baby" Jesus


"For unto you this day, in the city of David is born a Saviour, who is Christ the Lord."


People just love babies, don't they? For the most part I mean.

Sure, many a folk would rather not be sitting next to a family with an infant on a flight from Boston to Paris; but to walk by a stroller in the mall and see a tiny little bundled form brings a smile to just about anyone with a heart.


What a wonderful holiday Christmas is. It's easy to celebrate the birth of a baby. This baby happens to be the child of God, born of a virgin and is the savior of the world, but a baby.


Each year, we can look to 'baby Jesus'. It's wonderful and warms the heart.


This is all very good, no GREAT stuff!!!


What boggles my mind, is how we can look to this baby at this time each year, and enjoy him but once this baby becomes a man, we have a hard time hearing about him or talking about him. As long as we keep the word 'baby' before the name of Jesus, people aren't intimidated by him. Do you know what I mean?


Please don't misunderstand me, I'm not shaking my finger at anyone or looking down my nose in a condescending/self righteous manner. I've been on this side before. I get the feeling!


But why is it?


I remember someone saying to me once that talking about Jesus for a lot of people is like entering that room in a distant relatives home that no one is allowed to go in. It's only for the 'adults'. If you go in, you're terrified you'll touch something. It's awkward. Uncomfortable...


Jesus, whether you like to think of him with the word 'baby' before or not, was born with an amazing purpose!!

Yes, He was God incarnate. Emanuel, 'God with us'. But He came to share God's love, show us how to live according to God's plan and to create a path to heaven for us. Hey, He was born and died that we might live! Eternally!!! (John 3:16)


To only worship Him and focus on Him as a baby misses so much!


My friends, please don't miss all that He did for you!!


Let the celebration of Christmas be that of the beginning of your journey with Christ, and not the only part.
Be like the Wise Men of the East, and let this season of Christ's birth start your journey.
THE WISE STILL SEEK HIM!!
God bless you my friends - and I pray that you will have a beautiful Christmas and that your hearts will fill to overflowing with the love and hope of Jesus Christ!!

No comments: