Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Twas The Night Before 1st Grade

Twas the night before 1st grade and in my thoughts I was lost
what will this year hold for him, what will be the cost
On the bus for the first time, shall he know what to do
stop worrying silly woman, he's excited to go too

Will he make new friends, find a buddy in class
if he's meant to he will, whether a lad or a lass

Will he get hurt, be teased for his broken speech
his teacher is kind, to those kids acceptance she will teach

Such dreams and hopes and wishes I have for my first son
courage I need for me, and pray he gets a ton
Why do I worry so, 'ye of little faith' my Lord must cry
I must trust in your providing and protection by and by

Heavenly Father, help me to trust him to your care each day
knowing you want what's best for him and love him even more than words can say

Bless my little man as he goes to study and learn
and rest in the assurance of your perfect concern.

What will the cost be of this year that lies ahead?
Fleeting time is the cost, as I see this growing boy slumber in his bed.

Thank you my Father for these boys with which we have been blessed
guide their steps as they grow, and help me be filled with your peace and rest.



1 comment:

Michelle McGee said...

Very sweet, Diane, and poignant for me, this the eve of Addie's first day of first grade.