Saturday, August 23, 2008

What's In a Name?

I'm continuing to plug away on getting everything done in order to become a licensed family day care provider.
Orientation - check
Application Packet in - check
Referral Requests out - check
CPR/FIRST Aid class... still trying to fit that in
Health Form - bummer - need a physical to get that completed. Scheduled.... waiting...

Then there's the list of to-do's in and out of the house.

Here's one thing I can get done sooner than later. Pick a name for my business.
It needs to reflect the fact that I will be offering both day care and a preschool program (legally, I can say preschool enrichment program), and that this is a Christian home. (please take part in my poll to the side!!)

Once I decide on a name, I can complete my handbook, contract form, business cards, etc...
I was so wishing I had cards on me this evening as the family strolled around the classic car show at Wal-Mart (how small town!) and chatting to mother's of young children. It would be so easy to hand off a little business card.

I have 4 slots open - but wont be licensed until the end of October I'm thinking. Can I advertise?.. no?....

Then my nerves come into play:
Will they come.. I'm building it.. will they come?

Please come! I'm so looking forward to it!!!!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Joyful Moments Christian Day Care! It says it ALL and it fits you to a tee....

They will come. They will come.

I am so inspired by you!

jen
ps, can't make the crop, family here