Friday, November 1, 2013

"30 Days of Thankfulness Challenge" Day 1

As I was falling asleep last night I was running through my head all of the things that needed to get done today in preparation for this evenings Pizza & Movie Night for my Cub Scouts.  As I was feeling a little overwhelmed by the list of 'to-do's', I knew what my Day 1 post would be about.

Today I am thankful for, our home.

It's not palatial.  It's not pristine.  It's floors are not without stains and marks.  It's shelves and corners are not without clutter.

But here's what it is.

It's a home where there is lots of love, laughter and life!  Over the 9 years since the Lord brought us to, and provided for our home,
* we have welcomed our 2nd son
* hosted playgroups
* my mother stayed on weekends (super special since she is now with the Lord)
* held summer school when the public school had nothing to offer
* had a licensed day care, providing for our family
*  lots of laughs at Sunday night scrapbook nights
* celebrated many birthdays, anniversaries and holidays
* annual Christmas parties
* lead and hosted two separate Cub Scout Dens
* many Bible studies
* dearly loved Heart2Heart program once a month
* too many play dates to count
And much, much more!!

What a blessing it has been to watch our children grown here, and welcome friends and family in it's doors.

So although our home may not be featured in Better Homes and Gardens, it is a refuge and blessing to our family, and I am truly grateful!!  Thank you Lord for our home!!!

No comments: