Wednesday, November 14, 2012

One of Those Seasons

Hello little blog; my goodness how I've neglected you!

As I sit here in my recliner and rock, I think back on my very stressful day.  Fighting with the kids to get ready for school only to have them time and time again start to play or fight instead of doing the task I gave them. Then in the 11th hour, son #1 pulls out a review sheet and asks me to quiz him.  We finish as I tell him to get his coat on and get out to the bus stop only to notice son #2 had still been playing rather than doing as he was told which lead to me running outside and flagging down the bus so it wouldn't leave without him.  Not a great start to the day.
There's more that added to the stress, but I won't continue on.  You all know what a bad day looks like.  Take this and add to it a plate that is way too full (ok, in this instance I'm not making a crack at my weight - but rather refering to my tendency to take on way more than I can sanely handle).
Lately, I've had more and more of these days.
With all of this, my low self-esteem has been kicking into overdrive.  As emails, phone calls and any other forms of communication come in where people have taken the opportunity to take advantage, I have no energy to hold up my shield.  Take advantage of what?  My people-pleaseing nature. My almost inability to say 'no'.  My habit of rolling over when people say things unkind, insulting, super and unjustly critical, etc.. Folks, this just boils down to 'one of those seasons'. (boo-hoo, call the whaaaaaambulance!)

Quite frankly, I'm sick of this season.  I can't fix it, I can't just suck-it-up. BUT, I do have a Savior that can handle all of this.
Here's the challenge I'm giving myself (to begin tomorrow).  I will be holding on with both hands to at least one scripture verse a day to speak truth into this season of stress, frustration and hurt.
I'm not great - but my God is!!!
Don't let others, your schedule, your view of yourself or even the devil get you down.  It's so easy to fall into this pit. 
God, please help me and anyone else reading this that can relate, get out of this pit and reach up for your ever-extended hand.

No comments: