Thursday, January 6, 2011

Do!

Do you have a never-ending to-do list?
There are of course the chores that are in and of themselves never ending such as dishes and laundry as we continually eat and dirty more dishes and wear our clothes and create more laundry to be done.  Needless to say, we therefore all have these kinds of tasks on our daily to-do lists.

But how about things that are not 'in the norm'?  Do you have an exhaustive list of things you'd like to get done and yet there never seems to be the time to get these tasks/projects done?  I guess it is more acurrate to say that we do not take the time to get them done.  We all make time for what is important to us.

I had an idea.  I thought maybe if I were to put my 'to-do' list out here into the blogosphere maybe that would be incentive for me to get off my seriously well padded butt and stop making excuses.  Maybe it would entice me to make the time to get these things done.

So here it goes!
My not-the-normal-day-to-day  to-do list.
(not in any particular order)

1. Boys Room: Buy, paint (if needed) and hang shelves.  Go through toys and sort out ones they don't play with/outgrown. Go through dressers..again.

2. Craft Room/Office:  SERIOUSLY need to clean!  This has become the 'catch-all' room. Boo to me for allowing it.  Get everything out that doesn't belong in there!  Sort through craft supplies and give away whatever I don't need and organize the items I wish to keep.  Create files.  Need to create spaces for Women's Ministry and Nominating Committee.

3. Bedroom:  Go through lengerie chest.  Chest in bad shape.  Empty, get rid of everything I no longer use.  See if it can be fixed up into usable condition.  If not, get rid of it!  Buy, paint (if needed) shelves for John's books.  Throw away clutter.

4. Entry way:  Goodness.. something needs to happen here.  I've wanted to paint an accent wall ever since we moved in 6 years ago.  Need to convince the hubs.

5. Playroom:  Ok, this is a toughy.  It is currently set up for daycare and yet I do not have any kids in my daycare.  I need to wait until I know for sure and for certain that I'm closing my business.  I will then need to go over this room and turn it from a classroom back to a playroom for our boys and suitable for our Cub Scout Den.

6. Ministry:  I met with my pastor back in the fall about the prospects of me going into ministry.  He was 110% in support of this, said it seemed exactly what God was calling me to do, seemed only natural.  He suggested I begin working on a 'packet'.  I need to make business cards, informational 'post cards', pamphlet.  I need to tweak my talks I already have written and continue to work on those the Lord has put on my heart.  Work on devotions and talk to a gal at our church who used to work for 'Our Daily Bread' publication to see what I can do to be published.  Start sending out packets and talking to local churches to get the word out.  Study, pray, study, pray!!!  This could be what God is calling me to as a way to meet our financial needs too.

7. Get a job!!!

Ok, that's enough for now.  This is plenty to work on!!

Now, if there's anyone out there reading, I could use your help keeping me accountable to these tasks.  I'd greatly appriciate your kicking me in the butt encouragement and checking in time and again to make sure I'm working on these things.  This all falls into my "ACTION" theme for the year too.

How about you?  Do you have some out-of-the-usual to-do's you need getting to?

1 comment:

keeping you in stitches said...

I love lists. I make a to do list every day. Here is some encouragement to get everything accomplished on your list and to stay motivated. We are in his together!