Thursday, July 30, 2009

Another Year Older

As of today, I am official in my 'late 30's'.
I was dreading fitting into this category - but here it is, and I'm ok with it.
(alternative: "Sorry! (read w/Monty Python inflection) Growing older has been cancelled, I've now decided I'm 32 again... Yes, that's it, 32!)

So 38 - here we go!

I've decided that my 38th year will be a good one, as I feel so much in life ultimately boils down to our attitude. I've had a couple of sucky years to be quite honest, and I'm done with it!

I'm in a season of transition in my life, as I've blogged about before. And those that may read somewhat regularly will remember, I don't like transition!!

But the fact is, this is where I'm at, and rather than keep complaining about it, I'm ready to buck up and face it. I need to set some goals, pray more confidently for direction and then proceed forward without fear.

Sounds good, doesn't it? Well gosh darn it, I'm going to!!

I want to shed my fears (with God's help, or rise above them) in my 38th year.
stop allowing worry to hold me back and slow me down

I will not care so much what others think of me in my 38th year.
I try to be nice to everyone, but if someone doesn't like me, I can't dwell on it - that's their choice

I will not feel guilty about doing things for myself that are necessary for me to be healthy in mind, body and spirit in my 38th year.
it's time to accept that doing things for myself (doctor's visits, bible study, a walk, etc..) are things that will make me a better wife and mother and are therefore necessary

So I'm taking charge starting now!! I'm marching right up stairs and getting a peanut butter cup my husband bought me because it's good for my well being!! (ok, not the start I was originally thinking of, but it will do)

This is it - here I come!

No comments: