Thursday, November 13, 2008

T.H.A.N.K.F.U.L.

I was working on a learning page with my kids and decided what's good for them is good for me.

Can we ever be too mindful of all that we have to be thankful for?

T ~ tissues * I have a cold right now, so what can I say?

H ~ hubby * I have a husband who loves me despite all of my pesky and sometimes moody ways. (I can admit it!) He works hard to provide for his family. He loves the Lord. He makes coffee for my girlfriends and I while we scrapbook. Now that's love! He isn't into burping, scratching and sports - AMEN! He will occasionally watch a Jane Austen movie with me! Now THAT's love!!

A ~ America * How blessed I am to live in this country!!! It may not be perfect (no one, and no place is!) but we have so much both in material possessions and in freedom that we take for granted every day! Veterans Day having just passed, I am especially thankful for all of our service men and women who serve us today and through the years!!!


N ~ Nestle * Who am I kidding? Anything chocolate!!! Now who am I kidding? Any baked good altogether!!!




K ~ kids * Two healthy handsome little men. They keep me on my toes and add to my graying hair daily, but I wouldn't trade them for the world!! One who is constantly into mischief, never too concerned if he's skating on thin ice and just when you think you can't take him any more, he flashes you what he calls his 'cheesy grin'. *melt*... The other who is sensitive and thoughtful, yet completely silly and goofy and likes nothing better then to make people laugh with his antics. My cup runneth over!

F ~ faith * This has been an especially tough year. Where would I be without my faith in the Lord? He sustains me through trying times and keeps joy in my heart when left to myself, it would be lost! My hard times are more bearable and my good times all the sweeter!!

U ~ Understanding * This is really for the friends and family who understand. Who just listen without judgement. Who don't try to compete. Who listen to my sorrows without looking at their watch or trying to change the subject. Who listen to my hopes and dreams without pulling out a needle to pop my balloon. Who support and encourage me on my journey. Who let me be me - warts and all! (ok, I don't have any warts at the moment, but imperfections galore!)
Thank you!!!

L ~ love * I am loved and have dear ones to love. Truly one of the best blessings of all!!!
Happy Thanksgiving!!

1 comment:

Michelle McGee said...

I tagged you...

http://www.fromichelle.blogspot.com/