Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

Didn't know how hard this day would be - but it is indeed hard!

I reached into the cabinet today to take out a can of pineapple to put on the ham, and that was all it took to set me off. My mother taught me to cook. I pretty much cook everything just like my mother. But then again, don't we all put pineapple on our ham?... even still.

I am blessed with two very wonderful, albeit very rough, little boys. I adore them and wouldn't trade them for the world! even on days when they smear themselves and their bedrooms in Vaseline....
But as I sat outside with them while they plastered themselves with mud, I realized, I will never have a 'mother - daughter' relationship again. Not a real one! (I say this because inevitably someone will suggest that some day I may buddy up with an older or younger lady at church or something...)

I find myself writing and the backspacing... There is much more on my heart - but even here on my own blog, I fear 1. what people will think, 2. offending people, 3. making it a very disjointed and depressing read!

So, I'll just end by saying...

I love you Mum! Happy Mother's Day!

I hope all the mother's out there have a good day!

1 comment:

Michelle McGee said...

Good list, Diane...

Thanks for tagging me. I'm working on mine and you are right, it's very hard.