Tuesday, May 6, 2008

It's Time!

After a year and a half of packing on the weight, I have finally reached the point where I can say, 'it's time!'

It's time to stop wallowing in my stress and coping with cookies.
It's time to find another way to celebrate each little joy without ice cream.
It's time to fold clothes, make/write out cards, or paint my nails when I need something to do with my hands while watching American Idol.
You get the picture...

I have had a few friends try to encourage me to join them on their quest for healthier living and to return to that section of the closet... Shangri-La!!!.. where the smaller sized clothes have migrated for the very long slumber known as 'fatbernation'.

I guess it's just a matter of when you're finally mentally ready. And I guess I've reached the point where I'm as mental as I'll ever be!... Umm... well....

So when I received my latest encouragement from a friend who recently started down the salad express, I decided to jump on in!

And here I am ~ after this long journey thus far (1 day to be exact) I'm still on target and feeling good!
Are you on this same treadmill? Do you want to encourage one another?

1. Let's exercise together! 'Exercise' is like a four letter word to me!! But done together, it is much more enjoyable!! I went to a local school last night to walk with a few girl friends and it was a great time, and a great work out! Anyone want to walk together?

2. Let's make some good food choices and share a great new find or new recipe with one another!! Here are a few to start: Thomas' Lite Multi-Grain English Muffins (1 point for those into WW) - Blue Diamond 100 Cal. Pack of Almonds (2 pts) - Progresso Soups (many are between 1 and 3 points - my fav. Vegetable Italiano) - 94% Fat Free Popped Corn Mini Bag (1 pt) - Fiber One Bars (2 pts) - Hebrew National 97% Fat Free Hot Dogs (1 pt ea.) - Barowski Rolls (2 pt).... (thanks to friends and WW who shared some of these items with me)
Do you have anything to add?

3. Let's have the right attitude! It's all about being healthier and taking care of this shell that our Heavenly Father gave us!! Do you have some words of encouragement to share? Maybe a Bible verse?

I'm not going to tell you that I'll never eat a cookie under duress again - nor that I will never want to celebrate with ice cream. But maybe, next time, and going forward, I'll choose one scoop of frozen yogurt over two of rich ice cream.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hey there, glad to see a new post! I found this on sparkpeople, maybe it can inspire!

http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/team_messageboard_thread.asp?board=0x444x11053021

I'm back on the wagon, too...I officially started WW on Saturday. It's time! Good luck, let's get some walk in.

Jen