Saturday, May 24, 2008

I am who I am

Finishing up on week three.. 12 lbs. down!!
This is great - however, I am finding it difficult already!
It's a stressful time, I turn to my faithful friend, food. Trying to change that, or at least, make better choices when I feel compelled to go to food. Sometimes successful, sometimes... not so much.
But food really is the perfect friend! It's there when you need it - it doesn't tell you anything you don't want to hear - you never have to worry if it is truly your friend, it will never say unkind things about you behind your back,....
So what is stressing me these days? Would have been Mum & Dad's 50th anniversary this weekend. My sister-in-law Paula and I had been talking about doing a party and creating a scrapbook for them. Guess may be this is why I'm finding it hard to scrap lately.
Also, found out that someone to whom I'm closely connected doesn't think very well of me. I had always suspected as much, but had someone insist I was wrong - until they told me the other night that I have been proven correct. I'm trying hard to think, 'Oh well, doesn't matter' - but I'm not fooling myself. It does matter to me. I know I can't do or say anything to change things. It's just how it is. They will always be displeased with me.. I'm not beautiful and in shape, I'm not in a very good career, I don't keep an immaculate house, etc....
But hey, I try my best! I may be big, but I do my hair and make up every day and always look at least somewhat put together. I'm not out making the big bucks, but I put my all into raising my kids, creating special events for them, being a good wife to my husband, serving the Lord at church through various ministries, etc... And although my house is by no means spotless, it will not be condemned any time soon either. It's presentable. I try my best to be kind and considerate of all. And, as I've posted before, I always need to be productive - so lazy I'm not (well.. I have my days).
I can only be who I am, right? Of course, there's always room for improvement - hence the 'healthy eating' - but who I am at the core I can't change.

Pressing on, pressing on!...

No comments: