Wednesday, May 28, 2008

10 Things I Like About Me

I came across this 'tag' and thought it was terribly difficult, but that this is probably the kind of difficult I need right now. The person who wrote the original post I read had a great top 10 list!! Mine will be much simpler - but here it goes..

1. I like my smile. No, my teeth aren't perfect (that's what I get for not continuing to use my retainers). But I like that God has given me a joyful spirit and that I am able to smile often!

2. I like my sense of humor. It's quirky, weird even. But I'm thankful that I can find so much humor in life. I can't imagine dealing with all of the ups and down life can throw my way without being able to find humor in just about every situation.

3. I like that I can bake. I find great comfort in food in general, but with baking, I find just as much comfort in baking the treat as in eating it. I also love to bake for others - I feel great when someone bites into a chocolate chip cookie and smiles. Nice to know I can do something so little that can bring someone happiness, no matter how fleeting.

4. I like that I'm a realist. An eternal optimist or pessimist I'm not. I like to deal with life as it is. Give me the facts and that's what I'll work with. Sure, I'll hope for the best, but I don't look through life with rose colored glasses.

5. I like my lips. No kidding... They aren't too thin, and not too thick. They are one of the few physical features I like about myself.

6. I like that I am compassionate. I find it important to never have an air of superiority, looking down on others who aren't just like me, or who don't act like how I want them to. Everyone has a story. One persons pain is no less real than an others. I have been on the receiving end of other's compassion and know how much it means. God has given me a sensitivity which I'm thankful for.

7. I like that I'm creative. Scrapbooking, card making, cake decorating, sewing, crocheting, etc.. Wonderful outlets which I enjoy and I love to make things for others.

8. I like that I can live frugally. I don't have a need to have the biggest, best, newest 'stuff' on the Consumer Reports list. I am happy with what we have. Sure I dream of things time and again - but I can honestly say, I'm content. Material possessions don't posses me. (thank you Lord!)

9. I like that I'm conscientious. I try to put my all into all that I do. I'm not content with just getting by. Succeed or fail, I'll know I gave it my best.

10. I like that I have a love of God's word!! Many people read the Bible, but don't really enjoy it. God blessed me with not only a love of his word, but also a love for sharing it!! God has put on my heart a desire to encourage other ladies to get into his word and let it bless their lives also!!

Ok - that's it. This was really hard!!!
Give it a go and link back :)

No comments: