Thursday, November 1, 2007

Kids Say the Darndest Things...

Wal-Mart, 7:30 am on Tuesday.
Walking down the isle with my 5 year old in the back of the carriage.
Passing by the jewelry counter where there is a gentleman repairing a case.
Son in loud voice: "Mummy, that man is so dirty!"
Me in hushed voice, now hunched over the carriage as if I think it will hide me: "Don't say that! It isn't nice!"
Man: throws back head and laughs hysterically!
Woman working the jewelry counter: "What's going on?"
Man: "That kid just said 'Mummy that man's so dirty!' hahahahaha "It made my day!"
Woman: joins in the laughter while leaning over the counter to look at us... oh yes, she recognizes us as we're there on average 2 - 3 times a week.
Me: hunching over even more as if I could possibly hide - have you seen the size of me?!
Son: Now hiding his face due to the laughter, "Mummy, can I get a prize?"
I guess he thought his making someone laugh deserved a prize.....
There was no prize....

No comments: