Tuesday, October 9, 2007

I love Tuesdays!

Oh how I love Tuesdays!!! Tuesday evenings I head off to church for Ladies Bible Study, ie. an hour and a half spent in study of our Savior with other ladies who love Him!
We are doing a Beth Moore study (I could do a whole blog post on Beth Moore - LOVE HER!) called, "Jesus, The One And Only". What an amazing study!
5 days of study during the week, one hour long video on Tuesday evenings with a bit of discussion and closing prayer.
What do I love so about studying God's word?

For starters, the broadening of my relationship with Jesus. Webster's defines 'relationship' as: n. being related to or interrelated with, kinship, a romantic or passionate attachment. I love the latter, a passionate attachment. Passion: n. intense, driving, or overmastering feeling or conviction, ardent affection, a strong liking or desire or deep interest. Week two talked about wearing a beaten path to Jesus. (love that too!) Dear Lord, help me to wear a path to You. Help me to be passionate about your word, doing you will and being in prayer with you!!!

I also love the academics of the study. Read something in Mathew that then leads you to Amos and then leads you to Acts, to Luke, to the Psalms.... LOVE IT!! Love that God is so consistent! No point in the Bible will only be made once. If you think you're getting a certain message from The Word, but can only find that message once.... think about it again and pray for clarity.

I'm loving how Beth teaches us to read in a way that is not so mechanical. Sometime when reading the Bible, I read through and get the key points. I get it academically, but don't take it to heart. She's teaching me to read slowly - think about what I read - really think about it! Tonight she read to us and asked us to close our eyes. Then she asked what we visualized, what we thought the sites and smells would be like. A few weeks back when talking about Christ's birth, she pondered what Mary's labor was like... how did she feel when she first set eyes on our Lord in infant form?, what did she say to Him?... I love that!!! I love how she reminds us that these were real events and real people. How would we feel being in their place? How would we have felt if we were Elizabeth becoming pregnant so late in life? How would we feel if we were one of the disciples on the boat with Jesus during the storm?... Imagine! Lord, help me not to just read and memorize your word, but to feel it, experience it, take it to heart! Amen.

My mind is still reeling from all we learned tonight! I love the ladies in the study. All of them. I can't name them all, but I genuinely love them!! Thank you Lord for the two new ladies you brought to study this evening. May they be truly blessed from the message!!!

What a Friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear!What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer!O what peace we often forfeit, O what needless pain we bear,All because we do not carry everything to God in prayer.... Amen!!
That's what I'm off to do now!
Do you know Jesus? I pray you do!!

No comments: