Monday, October 1, 2007

'Mmmmm.. Yummy!"

My 2 year old awakens from his nap finally ready to eat his lunch.

He asks for ham. Great, I have that. I make him a ham and cheese roll up (he usually wastes the bread) and put it on the tray for him. He picks at it... eats the cheese, makes shapes with the ham.... Then he asks for 'berries' - blueberries. So fine, I give him a little bowl of blueberries also. Within a minute, he asks for graham crackers.
"Ok - but this is it. You have to eat your blueberries and graham crackers."
"Ok mummy."
While he's munching, I bend down in the doorway to pick up the Mr. Potato Head body parts that are all askew going into my living room.
I then hear "mmmmmm Yummy!!"
I turn to look at my son. "Your lunch in yummy honey? Good!"
I continue cleaning up the arms, eyes, mustaches, etc...
"Yummy yummy... mmmmmmmmm"
"Boy, you're really liking that, huh? What are you eating now, a berry?"
"No"
"A cracker?"
"No"
Curiosity gets me now, what is this child eating that he's enjoying so much? Has he finally stopped playing with the ham and he's eating it?... I walk the 4 steps to his seat and he holds out his hand. I look closely.
"Billy!?!"
"Yummy mummy... Boogie!"
"Ahhhhh - gross!! Don't do that!"
Yes, I know! You don't make a big deal out of these things, right? But I couldn't help it - I was so taken off guard!
Now those of you reading this who do not have children are completely horrified right now. Those who do have kids, are smirking or saying, "ok, my kids not the only one!"
Oh the delightful things that children do!!
I always refer to him as a 'picky' eater - but really!!!

No comments: