Saturday, September 22, 2007

I've been tagged

I have been tagged by my friend Michelle to participate in 'The Name Game'.

The idea is to write one fact that has something to do with your life for each letter in your middle name. In the event that you don't have a middle name, you use the name you would have liked to have had. Once tagged, you play 'The Name Game' as a blog post, and then tag others (one for each letter in your middle name).

Here it goes!

T ~ Thankful!! I'm extremely thankful for all of the blessings in my life! Lately I have been very mindful to take note and appreciate the many ways I am so rich. Ok, not financially, obviously - but I'd choose what I have over the almighty dollar any day!! I have a wonderful husband who loves me (and I him!!!) and our children and is in general, just a very good Christian man!!! I have two beautiful boys that I adore completely!!!!! We are all in relatively good health. We have a home that we can open up to our friends and family, transportation to take us where we need to go, family and friends who love us... Our Savior!! & our church family. I could go on for pages!!..

E ~ English Breakfast Tea - love it!! Start every morning with it and love to end the evening with a cup too. Love to collect English China too - from Stradfordshire to be exact. So lovely and elegant and reminds me of my English heritage which I enjoy very much. In the late evening, when my men are all asleep, a cup of tea in one of my nice china cups... sometimes I need that feminine indulgence living in a home with so much testosterone.

R ~ Really need to lose weight! I mean, REALLY! But where's my will power? Ah, to heck with will power, just need to do it!!! Time to get serious and get healthy!!! But after I go out with the gals on Monday...

E ~ Exclamation points!! I love them!! Have you noticed? Years ago when I was working as an assistant to a product manager at a school supply company, my boss read me a letter she had received from the woman who founded Kindercare. This lady sent out one of those 'end of the year letters' some folks send at Christmas time, and concluded her letter in a way I'll never forget! She said that her editor had scolded her for her overuse of exclamation points. She told him, "I can't help it. My life is filled with exclamation points!" Isn't that just wonderful!?!?!? (did I mention she was in her 80's at the time) I concur - my life too is filled with exclamation points - so I will continue to use them freely!!!!!

S ~ Sensitive - my best and my worst quality all rolled up into one! I like to economize that way. Worst, because I can be sensitive and take things to heart that most people would let roll off of them, or wouldn't have taken note of to begin with. Best, because I am very sensitive to others needs and feelings - which in and of itself can be a blessing and a curse. If I pick up on a need or a hurt and can help in some way, great! If I can't help, I've been known to sit and cry over someone else's troubles and be awoke from sleep to pray for them - which in and of itself is a blessing and a curse..... You see where this is going..

A ~ Always tired! I seem to live in a constant state of sleep deprivation. My mind constantly races to things that need to be done. I have this need to keep busy and feel as though I must be useful and productive at all times so as to never disappoint anyone. I'd love a day to just rest, but even if I had the opportunity, I can't... 'I must be useful, I must be productive, I must have purpose, I must not disappoint, etc..' Where is the off switch?

No comments: