Thursday, September 20, 2007

Gobble Gobble

So there I am driving down the main road in my town off to pick up my son from school for an appointment when I see something ahead on the left side of the road. Evidently it would seem, that a car going in the opposite direction just missed hitting some creature.
What is that?.. Oh, my, it's big..
Oh, it's a turkey! No, no, it's two turkeys!! Cool, two turkeys cross.... Oh my, it's four, FOUR turkeys crossing the road!! Taking their time, bobbing their heads and checking out the scenery.
I look for someone else to make eye contact with to share this odd experience. All I can find is the man in back of me - but when I look in my mirror, he just looks ticked off...
So now my mind starts to go (those of you who know me know that my mind in actuality has gone long ago!)...
I start thinking about the Thanksgiving episode of WKRP in Cincinnati (does anyone else out there remember this show? hysterical!!) where Herb (the bumbling ad guy) and the boss (on the letterhead at least) Mr. Carlson, decide to orchestrate a turkey giveaway for Thanksgiving. The problem is, they think turkeys can fly!
Poor Less Nesman (the simple news man with all of the Hawk eye News eye award - man, how sorry am I that I remember all of this?... don't answer, please!) is the unsuspecting accomplice on the ground, broadcasting live from outside a shopping mall.
"I see something now. Things are falling from the sky. It's.. it's.. Oh my!! It's LIVE turkeys! Oh, the humanity!" (paraphrased) and on it goes... So funny!!!
Thankfully, the turkeys I saw today will live to see another day. Maybe they were going in to hiding!!
Gobble gobble!

No comments: