Sunday, April 4, 2010

A Priceless Moment

A few weeks ago, my oldest son came home from school and ran up the driveway as per normal after getting off of the school bus.  He yelled out a 'hi mummy' as he ran past me and bounded up the stairs.  He barely reached the top step when he started tearing apart his back pack. 
"Mummy, I have something to show you!" he declared.
"What" I inquired.
"My report card."
We sat down on the couch together and went over the report subject by subject.  It was a wonderful report card!
Once we finished checking out each 'grade' (still at the age of "S" and "S+") and we had discussed what each comment meant, I then began to hug my son and tell him what a wonderful job he has done and how proud I am of him.
He then said, "Mummy, I think I'm going to cry."
"Why my love?" I asked.
"Because I've made you so happy and because I'm so proud of myself."

Awesome!!!

No comments: