Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas my friends!

This is not only my first post in quite some time, but also, my first post from my new lap top my husband gave me for Christmas. Thanks!

I have had many 'Oh, I've goooooot to blog about this!' moments - but not the time to tap them out.

For the time being, I'd like to just blog about today.

Some great moments:
1. My boys were told that they couldn't come out of their room until 6:00 am - this is a lot to ask as the oldest wakes up each day at around 4:30 am! But they did great! I got up very early to retrieve the stockings that Santa had filled and put them in their bedroom so they could explore those while waiting for the old folks to get up. We got up at about 5:40, got the coffee brewing/tea steeping and cameras on the ready. The boys did well and were running down the hall by 6.
2. Son number one walked into the living room, hammed it up for the camera, and explored gifts under the tree all while seeming to be completely oblivious to the big red bike right next to the tree. When something was finally said about the bike, he simply said it was for mum or dad.. never occurring to him that it could be for him! I told him to read the tag to let us all know who it was for. Next we heard mumbling and then he exclaimed "Sweeeeeeettttt"!
3. Took a lot of leg work to find just the right toys - but as always seems to be the case, son number two's favorite toy from the day was the $10 Rockem' Sockem' game. Not a big shock as the little guy has some aggression issues (hoping this will become a good outlet).
4. I got a laptop computer! What do I need one of these for? It had been becoming increasingly clear to us that this would be a good idea as I 1. run my own business, 2. help lead ladies ministries in my church, 3 have been thinking about going back to school. (any suggestions on majors? I'm thinking child care as it's what I do now.. but not 100% sure.
5. Dinner - yummy!! Great company too as my husbands parents came and joined us. Good food & good company.

But more than these great memories I will cherish for years to come - What I like most about this day is that it is all to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!

Thank you God for giving us your son. Thank you for loving us so much!! Thank you for a gift too marvelous for our minds to fully comprehend.

Happy Birthday Jesus!!

No comments: