Wednesday, August 12, 2009

You Never Know What Yer Gunna Git!

Youngins' are funny, aren't they?
You just never know what they're going to do. No idea what little gem will come to them next.

Tonight was such a night. It was VBS night! (vacation Bible school)

The night started off pretty well. During the opening song time, my boys, as is typical, instead of signing and clapping along played air guitar and air drums - each giving an impressive solo complete with knee slide. Cool!!

Then we moved to game time. Again, went well. Boys got creamed as the girls had twice as many team members.

Then we went in for 'Dockside Drive-in' - here's where it started to get fun.
"Miss Diane"... "I uh.. I ..... blaugh..." After the initial vomiting into my lap, I brought the little guy into the bathroom for him to finish and clean us up (not too bad). So good times - getting puked on. But then shocked that when the parent was told and they came in, that they were like "ya, I'm sure he's fine." and off they went. Poor little man was not fine, and continued to whine and lie across me the rest of the night.

But then.... Our little friend needed to go to the bathroom, so my older son takes him in. I can see the door. After a few minutes, I decide to go as I want to be there should assistance be needed. Son #2 follows me. Insists he too has to go. In he goes to join other two boys in the men's room. (yes, you are quite right to sense this was not a good situation)
Older boy comes out, "little friend" needs help pulling himself back together. Easy fix, I lean in the door, all is well.
After a few more minutes, I start to wonder what is going on with child #2. Clearly, he is happy. I know this because I can hear him singing rather joyfully through the door. I ask older son to see what's going on.
Door closes. I hear voices. I hear yelling. I hear "Mummy!!!!" I open the door...

There I find son #2 (aka Dennis the Menis (said with love)) with one foot on a stool, other foot IN the urinal (stop heaving, you weren't even there!) with underwear, shorts and shoes all strewn around the bathroom.
Was he surprised that I saw him? Ashamed? Maybe a little frightened? Oh no! Not my boy! He flashed me the biggest grin and had the nerve to say "LOOK" as he held his arms out to the side in a Nadia Comaneci gold medal earning pose.

Evidently my eyes bulging out of my head, face turning scarlet as little purple veins stared to protrude through my skin while my mouth was pursed so tightly my lips had completely disappeared was too nonchalant for him to realize that I had in fact, seen him.

With teeth gritted together, "You get out of there and get your clothes on this minute!!!"
After a few more threats, I mean instructions, out he came with a big, "Hear I am Mummy."

We've decided to give the little performer a week off to 'rest up'. I'm sure he'll use the time to think up more shenanigans!!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Oh my! Having 2 girls, I sometimes dread the whole process of "the public restroom". But at least I can go it there with them!