Friday, June 26, 2009

You think THAT's early?

We are in week two of summer vacation.

I love summer vacation.

But if I have to hear one more mother complain that their cherubs are waking them up at 7:00+ am... 7:00 AM!!!!!!!! (please read '7:00 am' with Sam Kinisonesk inflection!) I'll slap them! (well... ok, no I wont... but I'll feel like it! But then very shortly after feel horribly guilty about feeling that way and eat something to cover my guilt..... Forget it! I'm not going with the slap instinct. I'll go with inner frustration... which will also cause me to eat...)

"Mummy... mummy.... can we go play Farm Town? ? ? Mummy.. when can we go play on the computer? ? ? Mummy.... can I have some chocolate milk? ? ? Mummy... can I have some candy? ? ? Mummy.... are you ever getting up? ? ? I'm never going to get to play Farm Town again!!!!!"

7:00 am.... 7:00 am!!!!!

No no my friends. The above begging begins at 5:15 am!!!!!!!!!!!! Husband is up at 5:00 am and leaves at about 6:00 am on a typical day. Therefore, I do not get up until he leaves. But son #1 can't stand for me to be in bed if he's awake, unless it's a weekend because then dad is on the computer with him.

I dream of 7:00 am!!!

The real cruelty is that the younger one doesn't get up (if left to himself) until about 6:30 am. 'Oh... 6:30 am... how sweet it would be to awake to your beautiful numbers brightly displayed on the digital alarm clock!'

I have a plan for pay back though!

When the boy is in his teens I will become the parade marshal of our home. As marshal, I will schedule regular processions through the parade route (aka - his bedroom) to begin precisely at 4:30 am! Not only will I be marshal, but also, I will be the drummer! With great enthusiasm I shall march along keeping time with my shinny pot and wooden spoon.

When he has awakened, maybe I'll request a snack. I do believe however that I will be met with a flying pillow. But it will be so worth it!!!

7:00 am...

1 comment:

Jen said...

I hear you! My youngest is up so early and my oldest would sleep until the desired 7am if she was allowed to (the younger one wakes her, if you can imagine) "Where sissy go? We go see her?" followed by "Can I have a vitamin?"

I hear you, it's crazy! Your plan for their teen years is hilarious...we'll get you a full drum kit and maybe one of those band hats...!