Wednesday, October 22, 2008


New England Nights With Beth Moore

The First Cathedral

Bloomfield, Conn.

Friday, October 17th @ 7:00 pm


I was blessed to journey down and back to this event with six lovely ladies from my church.


Who is Beth Moore?


Gosh, about two years ago I was flipping channels and came across her on The Word network doing a ladies Bible study. I still watch her Wednesday evening studies (The James Robison Show, 10:30 pm - Wednesdays with Beth).

God has gifted her with a wonderful ability to teach what God has imparted to her with conviction, compassion and realness. Her teaching reaches me and has helped me grow in my faith with her contagious excitement for the Lord!!


So, without any further ado - here are some great thoughts/points/verses from the conference.


* 'Who has God been to you this week?' (asked by Travis Cottrell the worship leader). People yelled throughout the 3,000 plus crowd. "Savior" "Friend" "My Rock" "Hero" "Shelter" and so on. This was very moving and powerful!


* 'Is anyone blonder than she pays to be?' She's a hoot!


* II Corinthians 6:1 - Now is the time for God's favor


* 'What has your last 10 years been like?' I will answer this question in a future post.


* 'Just livin' on scripture' so love this!!!


* 'No more "I love you God" - but instead "I love you too" (1John 4:19 - We love Him, because He first loved us)


* 'I take a sunset personally' beautiful!


* 'When any kind of hardship comes along, apply the grace of God to the empty space.' (John 1:16 From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.)


* 'God reserves the right to treat each one of us as His favorite child.'


* 'We'll always be given enough grace, we just need to apply it.' (Hebrews 12:15 See to it that no one misses the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many.)


* 'Who would I be if I were to fully apply His grace?' WOW (1 Corinthians 15:10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them—yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me.)


There were many other amazing points and moments in the conference!! But truth be told.. it's about 11:30 at night, and I'm just too tired to type on. I feel like Judy Jetson with 'push-button finger'.
check her out: www.lproof.org/

1 comment:

Michelle McGee said...

I almost bought a book of hers at that shop the other day!