Monday, October 6, 2008

'I Feel Pretty' NOT!!

Ok, so first, my uncle asked me when I was having a gastric bypass (not in those exact words - but seriously, this is what he asked me).

Then my son asked me if I was going to 'turn my hair black again'. (I actually color it brown, but he's just asking when I'm going to ditch the gray)

Today, I had a friend's boss ask what hard work I do because upon shaking my hand he exclaimed, 'wow, you have rough hands'.

I'm not pulling a Maria prancing about singing 'I feel pretty' I can tell you!
Rather, I'm wondering what color top I can wear to diminish the appearance of this hump I clearly have upon my back!

Ahhhh!..
Ok, I've bought the hair color. check!

I'll use the hand treatment I got from having a Mary Kay party a couple of years ago, tonight after my shower. check!

And I guess, since the 'desire to be good' ain't happenin' - I'm going to have to force the issue before I can no longer force myself into my jeans. not gonna jump the gun with a 'check' on this one - I'll keep you posted.

Life gets in the way of taking care of myself. Physically, mentally, and sometimes spiritually as well. There are always a thousand things to do. So much swirling in my mind.

*Incidentally, I'm not knocking surgical procedures for weight loss - just the fact that someone approached me and asked when I was going to get one!

No comments: