Monday, October 13, 2008

Duck, duck, goose!

I have been tagged by my friend, Michelle.
I am to share 7 facts about myself on my blog - some random, some weird.

So, here we go..

1. Some things I'd love to do before I die: See an opera (not a little local production, but somewhere like the Met!), write a book and have it published (either a children's story and/or something to do with reaching out to women with the love of Christ), feel good in my own skin, not care what people think about me, get a college degree (or even a certificate)..

2. My mouth is a model of all that can be done in dentistry. (just about) I've had extractions, dental implant, root canal, cap, braces and fillings of course. Gotta love my English teeth!!

3. I love when my brothers and sisters call me 'kiddo'. It's not much, but they've always called me that since I really was a kid. Sometimes you just need to hear something that doesn't change.

4. When I was in Kindergarten, I used to run home from school to watch the Don Ho tv show. I loved listening to him sing 'Tiny Bubbles' while the beautiful hula dancers swayed in the background. I would ask my mother if I could have an operation on my eyes look pretty like the hula dancers. When she told me no, I'd try putting clothes pins at the corners of my eyes to make them stay that way. Um, it didn't work.

5. Just had my first mammogram a few weeks ago. Doc wanted a base line done as I'm now considered 'high risk'. For those of you who haven't experienced this yet... It's not that bad at all!! Nothing to be nervous about!!

6. A hobby I wish I had time & money for: Dancing. Not doing what Billy Crystal called 'the white man's overbite', but ballroom dancing! John and I took lessons before we were married, and I absolutely loved it!!!! It's fun, great exercise and incredibly romantic. But it's also very pricey!! We say that one day we'll at least do the course at the high school. Hopefully a time will come when we can get away and do that. But these days, I'm so out of shape I usually feel far too inhibited to get out on to the dance floor. One day, one day. I liked the Foxtrot and Swing the best of what we learned.

7. Two of the best weeks of my life were in July 1989. Two of my friends and I went to England for vacation after graduating from high school.
Any time I liked a boy in high school, they like Lisa, without fail! My friend Chris was intelligent and outgoing. She had a steady boyfriend a good portion of the time. I was shy. To guys I was a pal, or someone to seek out to copy homework...
But upon traveling across the pond, it was like we had entered the Twilight Zone. Do you remember the episode with the pig faced people? It was like that! I'm not saying who the 'pig faces' were, just that, I had found my people!
Instead of the men liking my friends, they actually liked me!! Seriously!! I was asked to dance, had drinks sent to me and so forth. I was called 'lovely' over and over again. It was marvelous all together!!!
But then we came home and life went back to reality. Oh well... great two weeks while it lasted!!!

No comments: