Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ladies First (Post I of WOF)

This time last week, I was packing up my children and myself. I was gearing up to drop my kids off with my sister so that I would be ready to leave at 7:30 the next morning with the gals from church to attend the Women Of Faith pre-conference in Boston!

One of the wonderful things about these conferences is that the fun isn't contained to just the function facility alone! It started the moment we gathered together for our trip into town!! I've included a few photos from our trip on the 'T'.

Aren't we blessed to be women? I love that when I see a friend I can go up and we throw our arms around each other. We can talk about how excited we're feeling about this event which we have been anxiously anticipating. We then start to share why this is coming at such a good time in our life.... I love that we can share!!

I love that between each session, we laugh about what we've heard, talk about what snack we are craving now, or be completely open and share that our behinds are crying out due to the punishing folding chairs and necks are aching from looking straight up at the mother of all screens.

I was very fortunate to be able to stay with some of my girlfriends at a hotel Friday night. Like teenage girls we got into our jamies, ate some junk food and chatted until the wee hours. Such fun!! Such great stuff!!! So wonderful to share your thoughts and feelings knowing that we each have different life experiences, and have endured a multitude of journeys that only make each woman a far more dear friend with a wealth of wisdom to share!

And laughter - oh the laughter!! Whether it be recounting the stories told by each speaker - or sharing our own zany lives! Great stuff laughter. Really, the best!! It was great to be able to share a couple of my Mum's silly escapades with a few gals as we stopped on our way home for some yummy ice cream!! Food, fellowship and laughter.. ok, now that's the best!!

As terrific as the WOF conference was - it was made far better by being able to share it with such dear ladies!!!!

next... the music

No comments: