Monday, April 7, 2008

Damn Breaks

I've been feeling it build up.. yet it's never a good time.
Things to be done (not that they all get done), kids to watch (ie. play referee), dinner to cook, guests to entertain, meetings to be attended, plans to be made, etc...

Tonight, I was working on such tasks (actually, working on my Bible study homework which I love!), when I decided I needed a little break.
I had recorded the second part to the PBS 'Sense and Sensibility' (pretty good take), and decided to watch it. I've read the book and the Emma Thompson movie is one of my favorites, so it's safe to say that I am very familiar with the story.
A very simple scene came on. A scene where Eleanor (the eldest Miss Dashwood) is sitting in the window shelling peas looking very forlorn. Her mother calls her name, and without anything being said to her, Eleanor responds, "Mother, I am happy".

My mother was the most caring person I've ever known. And also, a great worrier. She would ask ofter how I was, and would never take a simple "I'm well" or "I'm doing good" as an answer. This would only prompt her to ask again. But in asking, it would never just be "Diane"... it would be "My angle", "My baby" (yes, at 36, I was still someones baby), "My little love"... you get the point.
This scene just made it so real that I would not have my mother inquiring after me like that again.
Let's face it people, no one loves you like your mother!! (not trying to sell fathers short I assure you, it's simply different) It's a void I can't possibly explain. One can think they know, but it really isn't something you can imagine.

I know my blog must be becoming so horribly depressing to read - sorry!!

I'm just missing her so bad it hurts tonight

I promise I'll try to post something more uplifting next time..

No comments: