Thursday, September 13, 2007

Take Comfort Dear Friends

It seems that so many of my dear friends around me are in a time of suffering..
For some, it is a sick parent. For others, it is unemployment. And yet, for others, like myself, it is the constant heartache of having a child with 'special needs'. (Please let me state right now, that I HATE the term 'sped kid'!!! Chalk that up as another pet peeve)

Regardless of the situation, we all go through times that seem so difficult, insurmountable even. You may even feel hopeless. Although I do feel discouraged at times, I am blessed to say, I am never without hope! This however, has not always been the case....

Years ago I was going through a very difficult situation. Try as I might, I could not control what was going on in my life, because as I'm sure many of you know, you can't make people do what they don't want to do.
It was the lowest point of my life... And yes, there were moments I felt hopeless!
I can recall coming to a point where I actually fell prostrate (previously, I only thought of this as happening in Bible stories) on my living room floor begging God to show me what to do - completely humbling myself to Him. I get what it is to be at rock bottom, broken!!! I totally understand that however wonderful family and friends are (and they ARE!!), as well meaning as they may be (and again, they are!), God is it!! He is my rock!!

It was at this time, that God sent a few verses to me via several messengers...

First, I went to church one Sunday morning when a friend came up to me with a Bible reference scratched on a torn piece of paper. "I came across this last night in my reading" she said. "It made me think of you. Read it!"
Then another friend came up with a verse nicely written out on a piece of notebook paper. Again, "I thought of you - read this!"
At the end of service, another friend handed me a 'pass it on card' (the size of a business card with a nice picture and usually a Bible verse) that had a picture of a pretty rainbow and a few verses on it. "This is one of my favorite verses" she said, and added how it had helped her.
The following week, I attended the Ladies Breakfast at church, and at each place setting was a 'pass it on' card tied to a small bag of Hershey's Kisses.

Here's the thing - they were all the same verses!! (do you get why I say that God sent me these verses?)
Below are those verses. They are a reminder to me that we have a Heavenly Father who loves us!! He hears our cries for help! We may not have a clue as to what is going on in our lives, but He does! Read these verses. Memorize them!! And remember, you are loved, and you are never alone!!! There is always hope!!!

For I know the plans that I have for you
declares the Lord.
Plans for a hope and a future,
not calamity.
You will pray to me
and I will hear you.
You will seek me and find me
when you seek me with all of your heart.
Jeremiah 29: 11 ~ 13

God always hears our prayers!! We just may not get the answer we want.
Do you have a prayer request? Something I can lift up to the Lord for you? Feel welcome to post.
May God give you peace and comfort in your current situation as only He can!!!

No comments: